TAKS testing is upon us in the month of April. Grades 3 and 4 will be taking the Math TAKS on Tuesday, April 27 and the Reading TAKS on Wednesday, April 28. Below are some helpful hints for taking the tests:
1. Get a good nights rest and not just the day before but several days before the test.
2. Eat a good nutritious breakfast on the day of the TAKS test and also keep hydrated because both help you be alert and be able to think better for the test.
3. Please encourage your child to perform their best on the TAKS.
4. Look at all 4 answer chocies before selecting an answer. Remember two answers are completely wrong, a third answer is close to the correct answer and it is called a "distracter," and most importantly there is only one correct answer.
5. The TAKS test is untimed so PLEASE work at your own pace. It is not a contest to see who gets their test completed first.
6. Proof read your answers at the end so that you make sure you did not leave any blanks on the answer key. Also, if you do skip a question, please make sure your answer key correlates with the question.